Friday, January 14, 2011

Streakin' it

I'm realizing that I am just not someone that can listen to 20 different artists a day and like them all. I'm streaky, listening to only a few artists at one time. Unfortunately it leads to a lot of burn out.

Fall and Winter have been dominated by the Hold Steady, Lucero and the Henry Clay People. Summer was Arcade Fire and the Roadside Graves; spring was the Mountain Goats, My Morning Jacket and the Weakerthans. Its how i operate; its not perfect. At a certain point i get tired of the bands and move on to other ones. Eventually, i look back on past bands and realize how good they are and have them re-enter my rotation.

Anyway, we are coming to the end of the line. My girlfriend is going crazy with my repetition of Hold Steady lyrics, and doing the voice of the lead singer from the Henry Clay People just doesn't feel the same in 2011. I need to decide what comes next, and was hoping for some help from the blogging community. My leading candidates are the Gaslight Anthem, the Avett Brothers, Spoon, and maybe, just maybe, the Drive-by Truckers.


4 comments:

  1. I will give you my top 5 recommendations:
    1) DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS!!!!
    2) Gaslight Anthem
    3) Marah
    4) Two Cow Garage
    5) Glossary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's what I'm listening to right now:
    Cracker
    Tom Waits (Replace Henry Clay People's voice with Waits', GF will love)
    Bob Dylan- The Witmark Demos: 1962-1964 (The Bootleg Series Vol. 9)
    Carolina Chocolate Drops
    TV on the Radio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks blogosphere! Once i get my ipod i'll be up and running

    ReplyDelete